Join Us. We’re an American-made company with Wisconsin roots that have stuck with us. Work hard. Be proud. Make weapons of Mass Production. So, while the world knows us as making the best cutting tools on the planet, we strive for something more. If that sounds good to you—then we hope you’ll join us.
Work & Play
We work hard, which means we play hard. At Gorilla Mill you'll find out that our entire team is devoted to making the company the absolute best it can be.
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Smart, fun, balanced, friendly co-workers
- Full wardrobe of Gorilla gear
- Casual dress in a modern office
- Training and mentorship opportunities
- 401k Matching
If you don't fit the positions below, drop us a line anyway here! We'll reach out when we have a role for you.
The CNC Machine Operator sets up and operates machine tools to create custom products with a high degree of accuracy. They are also responsible for maintaining the work center and equipment used to produce and measure goods.
Duties and essential job functions:
- Responsible for machining of appropriate job in the order needed to meet production schedules
- Responsible for meeting standard production timeframes established for setup and cycle times
- Setup, and operate a variety of CNC equipment to produce high performance cutting tools using preset programs or blueprints
- Dress and maintain grinding wheels to meet physical requirements used in precision operations
- Record and document accurate information for data collection
- Verify and monitor products by use of hand gauges and other measuring devices to ensure accuracy and quality dependent on the prescribed tolerances
- Other duties as assigned by the CNC Supervisors
Come join the 800-pound Gorilla in the Manufacturing Industry at Gorilla Mill! Gorilla Mill’s modern facility has been producing and sharpening cutting tools for the aerospace, automotive, medical and manufacturing industries for well over 40 years. Each product is designed on our 3D CAD simulator, then crafted on state-of-the-art CNC, auto loading cutter grinders, assuring absolute perfection and repeatability. Learn more about us on our website! Gorilla Mill offers competitive pay, health, dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability with a generous employer contribution! We also have paid time off and a great work environment.
Job Purpose and Summary:The purpose of the Quality Control Inspector is to ensure customer’s expectations are met through examining products during and after the production cycle to ensure that they are free of flaws and defects. This is accomplished by making qualitative measurements and comparing the results with acceptable standards and specifications.
Duties and essential job functions:
- Ensure accurate qualitative and quantitative measurements by use of caliper, gauges, micrometers, and various other high-precision measuring equipment.
- Ensure conformance to quality standards and required specifications by examining, inspecting, and accepting or rejecting in-process production items and finished products.
- Communicate out-of-tolerance results to the production department in a timely manner for corrective action.
- Recognize defects within the physical attributes and dimensions of a product which would otherwise provide conformance with applicable inspection equipment.
- Perform timely inspections in accordance with the priority listing and manufacturing schedules.
- Accurately document all inspection results from job orders into the production database and make appropriate comments on job travelers.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of non-conformance records as established in the company policy.
- Conduct all operations in a safe and health-conscious manner by applying all aspects of the company safety program.
- Follow all company safety protocol to ensure a safe work environment.
- Attend and actively participate in training classes and safety sessions.
- Maintain a clean environment in assigned workstation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
8 hour shiftApply Now
The Inventory Specialist is responsible for ensuring cost-effective inventory levels so that production meets customer expectations.
- Create production jobs for specials to determine if we need stock, bill of materials, or substitutions.
- Process the job with collaboration with purchasing, customer service and production.
- Utilize the material forecaster to determine if reordering is required.
- Build stock jobs for standard production.
- Participate in physical counts.
- Operate automated storage equipment to ensure proper holding of finished goods.
- Ensure proper inventory for different product lines, families, and revisions.
- In conjunction with the materials forecast, make sound purchasing decisions related to the best pricing/quantity.
- Create a monthly invoice based on previous month’s consignment usage for distributors
- Ensure physical counts are being completed by the vendor and make recommendation on stock level changes at the distributors
- Assist with getting new product launched and inventoried
- Complete standard shipping and receiving duties when needed and/or assigned
- 1 year of experience producing production jobs, inventory control or other inventory management duties, or a degree in supply chain management or similar field
- Knowledge of purchasing or experience in a purchasing role that monitored inventory
- Experience working with inventory management software and forecasting strategies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Professional and effective written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Accurate data entry skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness
- Business acumen and interest
- Ability to effectively operate automated storage solution experience
- Ability to learn to use an ERP system effectively
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Ability to collaborate with all departments on Special Projects
- Willing and able to learn and gain knowledge
Primarily standing sitting work, exerting up to 15 lbs. of force. Primary working while sitting, with occasional walking, stooping, crouching, and kneeling; frequent fingering, grasping, typing, talking-speaking clearly, hearing-conversation, and seeing-near
Moderate noise level consistent with an office and manufacturing environment.
Interaction with people, working around people, making judgments on a regular basis, frequent changes in volume of workApply Now